Menu

KISS vs Killgallon??

sltress

I have just stumbled onto these 2 and like what I see but they both seem to do the SAME thing or am I mistaken? So....

please give me thoughts/info on each.

Which is "better" and why? Aside from KISS being free. :)

Would I start with one and then later do the other?

FYI I have a 5th grade ds and have MCT Town on the shelf to start in Aug. He had a year of R&S.

Thx for any info you have.

We are using Killgallon Sentence Composing for Elementary right now and I just recently downloaded KISS grammar. They are really not the same- Killgallon is more of how to structure a sentence (chunking, imitating, phrases, clauses, etc.) but really doesn't have specific grammar instruction. KISS looks like a very thorough grammar program, and even though we are using Fix-It grammar, we may add some of that in too. I see Killgallon as being a great complement to a grammar program, but not really a stand-alone grammar program. This is only based on the Killgallon book we are currently using- I don't know about the others.

:bigear: Giving this a bump as I'm interested in learning more about Kilgallon and KISS. What Kilgallon book are you referring to? :bigear:

Sorry. I should have been more specific about which books. I am wondering about both the Story Grammar and the Sentence Composing in Kilagallon-both Elementary.

What I thought was that the Grammar book was, well...the grammar, and then the Composing was the writing portion.

So I was wondering where KISS would fit. Would it give the same instruct as Story Grammar or not?

I was thinking of doing MCT Town Grammar (already bought it), Kilagallon Story Grammar for reinforcement and a different approach to grammar, then the MCT writing.

Then next year I was thinking of doing KISS for Grammar and Kilagallon Sentence Composing at the same time for writing.

Does that all make sense or am I way off with my plans?

What Edeemarie said makes sense for using KISS and Sentence Composing but that would leave me wondering where the Story Grammar fits in, if at all. Do I choose either KISS or Story Grammar for grammar?

Edited by sltress

.... They are really not the same- Killgallon is more of how to structure a sentence (chunking, imitating, phrases, clauses, etc.) but really doesn't have specific grammar instruction. KISS looks like a very thorough grammar program.... I see Killgallon as being a great complement to a grammar program, but not really a stand-alone grammar program. ...

We use KISS and :iagree:with this.