Menu

Looking For Hive Appliance Recommendations/Suggestions

We'll be moving into our new house next weekend. There are some appliances that we need to purchase, so I told my dh that I would ask the Hive their opinions.

Hopefully we will be able to find what we need in stock locally as with everything else that we have to do, I don't really want to order and wait.

Washers:

We've checked Lowe's and HHGregg for washers. I have (at home) a front-loader, which was one of the original models. I'm looking for a HE Top Loader without an agitator.

One that looked promising is the Whirlpool 4.6 Cu. Ft. Cabrio.

Another is the LG 4.5 Cu. Ft.

The LG has better reviews. The only feature that stood-out to us was that the detergent/softener is poured into a slide-out drawer. I'm just a little concerned about the durability. My dh thinks it will be fine.

I'm open to any other ideas (and places).

We are also looking for any recommendations on a dishwasher. I just want something fairly large that actually cleans. We spent a lot of money on our current one (at home) but it is horrible. I'll call my son for the make/model of that d/w so that I don't make that mistake again.

Finally, we need a slide-in stove/oven. We like this Frigidaire Smoothtop.

Thank you for any ideas, suggestions, recommendations, experiences, etc. :grouphug:

The gardenweb has great info on appliances IME. In terms of dishwshers, a mid-range and above Bosch is a favorite there, as well as the Miele. We just got a Miele at our house and I really like it. I loved our old Bosch, but the lowest end ones are apparently not as well made any longer. Many recommend looking at their mid-range models.

Thank you for the suggestions. We are currently leaning toward the LG Top Loader; however, I'm not going to rule-out the front loaders. The one "at home" was one of the original models, so it is really bad with mold/mildew (plus it being on the Gulf Coast of Florida doesn't help). I'm debating taking it apart and cleaning it and then bringing it up here for a second washer. We'll see. If I get a front loader, I'll get DH to build a platform to raise it up some. With my RA, bending constantly really hurts my back.

We haven't made much progress on dishwashers. The one "at home" that I really, really dislike is a GE, so to be safe, I'll avoid those. I'm hoping for sales this week as the current sales are expiring(ed). Bosch may be the key, as suggested. We'll check those out later this week.

It's a challenge to find slide-in range/ovens. Most have just a couple if any at all. The current one is a slide-in, and there just isn't much room in the kitchen (I'm downsizing as far as kitchen size is concerned; I'm not happy about it at all).

Oh, a lot of dryers have steam features for stuffed animals and other non-washables. Anyone have one of these, and if so, what do you think about them? I'm not really in the market for a dryer but it is a possibility since we have room in the laundry room.

We need some sales for this weekend. We're hoping.