Menu

Boston Go Card 15% off today... help me plan a trip!

Today, July 5th, the Boston Go Card is 15% off, and I am trying to plan a trip there. We live in CT, but I have never toured Boston's historical sites. A 3-day ticket for 2 adults and 2 kids costs $363.76 total and includes 58 different attractions. I need to figure out where we should stay that is cost effective and how to arrange our days. I am thinking about the following:

Day 1 (or day 2 or 3):

Plimoth Plantation and Mayflower II, plus Plymouth Walking Tour to see Plymouth Rock and the Jenney Grist Mill tour.

Day 2 and/or 3:

Boston and Lexington/Concord:

Freedom Trail Tour

Duck Tour

U.S.S. Constition (maybe with Boston Harbor Cruise that goes by the Boston Tea Party boat)

Beantown Trolley

Paul Revere House

Lexington/Concord:

Hancock House

Liberty Ride

We need to know if the Boston Go Card is a good value for us, and I'd have to purchase it today for the 15% off. We are a family of 4 with kids ages 12 and 10, and we're studying Story of the World Year 3 this coming year (early American History).

I also thought about the Museum of Science and the New England Aquarium, but what could we reasonably expect to do in 3 days????

And where would be a fun, not too costly place to stay... and what kind of transportation would we use (ie. the "T" which I have never ridden, perhaps?)

Thanks,

Brenda :auto:

I am lured by "the deal", but I don't think this Boston Go Card is really a deal unless someone is purchasing the one for 7 days because they're coming out from Iowa for a weeklong vacation to Boston, or something like that.

I am rethinking this whole thing. Maybe I should just pay the $100 for our family of 4 to visit Plimoth Plantation and the Mayflower as one day trip, and then drive up another time to go walk the Freedom Trail and see the U.S.S. Constitution and do the Duck Tour. Then we wouldn't need to stay at a hotel (it's about 90 miles or 1 1/2 hours from our home to Boston).

I'd also love to go to Philadelphia sometime this upcoming year, as I have yet to even set foot in this city which has so much history as well.

:),

Brenda