Menu

Which AP test prep book should I purchase?

I would like to purchase a prep book to go along with each of dd's AP classes this fall. She is taking the classes online and they have no recommendation as far as which would work best with their classes. Sadly, we do not have a single bookstore in this county and our library is small (actually tiny.) So I want to order from Amazon this week. Which have worked well for students? The classes she will be taking are AP Human Geography and AP Art History.

I liked 5 Steps to a 5 for Physics, but I have no idea what works well for Human Geography and Art History.

ETA:

The Barron's books are generally acknowledged to be MUCH harder than the AP or SAT-II exams that they are prepping you for. Some kids like that because it makes the actual test seem easy. My dd hated Barron's because it made taking the exam seem hopeless.

Edited by AngieW in Texas

Guest tbs10

I've taken the Ap Human Geography exam this year, and the school loaned us the Princeton Review's Cracking the AP Human Geography Exam. It was a decent book with concise and easy-to-read information, as opposed the to Barron's book. As for art history, I have not taken that class so I cannot comment.