Menu

X-Post..Recs for wk bks covering reading comp & logic for teen? (APD)

I'm looking at these three right now, but please chime in with recs and/or levels.

Reading Detective RX ( I haven't seen any of TCTC products, so I'm not sure if this would be a good starting point, or if I should start with A or B?)

Reading and Reasoning Series

Reading Comprehension in Varied Subject Matter (this series has levels from 1st-12th gr.)

DD is a strong reader, though not ready for heavy classics or TGB. She reads very fast, even while reading out loud.

She also has GAD, was dxed with SPD (Tactile and Auditory) around age 6-7, received limited OT.

Thanks!

Hi, not sure what some of those Dx's stand for but based on her being a strong reader I would recommend Classical Academic Press's Art of Argument. I did it last fall with my almost 13 year old and he loved it! We proceeded forward with the Discovery of Deduction which was initially more challenging (it goes into deductive logic skills which look alot like math rather than the more fun inductive logic) but he still didn't resist it and has gotten alot out of it.

I find CAP to be very friendly to my son with Asperger's - the writing is intelligent but the print is but with plenty of room to write out answers, the dvd's are well-done and the teacher's manuals are very helpful.