Menu

Bug Bites, or something else?

Two days ago DD showed me two red lumps on her right hand, one just below her thumb, and the other about an inch lower, closer to the wrist. The red eventually spread outward, leaving a pea-sized white lump in the middle, with a small clear "bubble" right in the center. Now the white part is gone, and it's several small clear "bubble" looking things, and her hand where the redness was is slightly swollen. She says it doesn't itch, but does feel a bit sore. We've been putting Cortizone cream on it, but it doesn't seem to be improving.

I'm wondering what the heck this might be. I'm going to try to get her into the Dr's today, but I'm wondering if there's any other OTC/home remedies I could try to ease her discomfort in the meantime.

What a coincidence. We are dealing with something similar, and just had the doc look at it yesterday. Not to say it's the same thing - it may not be - but this might alleviate some concern until you get reassurance from your own doc.

Our little one had what looked like a small bite on her hand, the next day it was redder with more of a shiny, full look to it, with a small white area in the middle. The next day it was bright red, still with small lighter area in the middle. On that day, we were at the family doc for another appt, and I asked her to look at LO's hand. Our doc's thought is that it was a bite, and this is just LO's body's way of handling it. She said not to worry unless it spreads more, and if more pop up, or petechial spots appear.

FWIW, the bite has significantly faded today. :)

I hope your kiddo's spot is something similarly insignificant!