Menu

Algebra: A Fresh Approach

can anyone tell me anything about this program. What kind of student with this be good for? Any info appreciated.

This was just the algebra program my ds needed. It has a lot practice and works through just small bits at a time. The book is uncluttered and easy on the eyes.

The author is very helpful if you ever have questions. We used this program after he finished the PM series of Singapore. Math doesn't come as easily to him as it does to his brothers, but this program took him through algebra and built his confidence. He was able to go back to Singapore without problems. This book is written to the student and doesn't have a lot of extraneous information in which a student might get bogged down.

This was just the algebra program my ds needed. It has a lot practice and works through just small bits at a time. The book is uncluttered and easy on the eyes.

The author is very helpful if you ever have questions. We used this program after he finished the PM series of Singapore. Math doesn't come as easily to him as it does to his brothers, but this program took him through algebra and built his confidence. He was able to go back to Singapore without problems. This book is written to the student and doesn't have a lot of extraneous information in which a student might get bogged down.

Do you feel it covered the same material as most Algebra courses?

Do you feel it covered the same material as most Algebra courses?

I didn't notice it was lacking at all. I intended to have him do the algebra 2 book as well but I let him decide between Singapore and fresh approach. He decided on Singapore. I think the smaller textbook helped make that decision ;) His brother was also working in the same Singapore text which made it a bit easier on me.

He is currently enrolled in college algebra at our local university and doing very well. Can you pull up the table of contents online and compare with other more well known texts? I was fully satisfied and it was the text that got him to be more positive about his mathematical ability.

Edited by CynthiaOK

Each and every chapter in Algebra contains between four and seven units with 103 to 172 questions. After completion of chapter 1 all rest chapters ends with a mixed review of previous concepts.

This is why it was so nice for my son. He had plenty of opportunity to practice with so many questions, or we would just move if he was doing really well. The mixed reviews were great to cement the skills he had learned. In fact, if I noticed him having trouble on a skill he had previously learned, we just went back to that chapter and did more of the problems.