Menu

Bridging grades

OregonNative

We are going to do some school during the summer to stay fresh on the 3 R's. Any resources you can reccommend would be great. I prefer not use online resources or something where I need to print. But I am willing to compromise for something really fabulous.

Thanks!

We are going to do some school during the summer to stay fresh on the 3 R's. Any resources you can recommend would be great. I prefer not use online resources or something where I need to print. But I am willing to compromise for something really fabulous.

Thanks!

Sam's Club and the teacher supply store in the mall here both have a series of workbooks called "Summer Bridge" for K to 1st, 1st to 2nd, and so on through 5th to 6th grades designed for exactly that purpose. I think they cost between $5-7 each. BJU also sells similar workbooks designed for students using their materials that might work, though I suspect they are more expensive.

I have never used either of these, since we usually start school back in early July. While I often plan to do small amounts of review work during our 6-7 week vacations, I have never actually done so for more than a couple of days, so I have finally stopped deluding myself that that will happen.