Menu

Art program that teaches art, and art appreciation in one

Mammy5

We are on Atelier Level 1, and my dd6 and dd3.5 are very much enjoying it. I like that there is a DVD segment to watch where the art project is taught. They also get to see clips of kids in a classroom doing the art project, which is helpful because each kid does it differently. I think if they only saw the teacher's finished project there would be a lot of tears because theirs wasn't "as good" as the teacher's.

In level 1 there are 18 DVD segments, and three of those are devoted to artists. I believe they study Picasso, Van Gogh, and O'Keefe. After learning about the artist, they do an art project in that artists' style.

The biggest plus for me is having them receive art instruction from someone who actually knows what they're talking about and is passionate about the subject. They would not be able to get that level of expertise and passion from me alone!!! :tongue_smilie:

ETA: My kids are little, and many of our subjects are Mom-intensive. It is nice to have less hands-on involvement with this one (although dd3.5 still needs a *little* help). Something to take into consideration.

Edited by Micron4