Menu

x-post: Combination art/music history multi-media resource?

This is x-posted from the K-8 board but I thought I'd see if anyone here knows if such a thing exists. :001_smile: I homeschool my only dd12 so I'm looking for something that's more geared towards the highschool/adult crowd.

I'm wondering if there's anything out there that combines art history with music history (ala Sister Wendy combined with music history) either in DVD format or a book/CD combo. Something where one can be listening to music from a particular time period while looking at art from the matching culture and time period. I'd actually prefer if there was no audio lecture track - maybe just pictures on the screen that would periodically change along with the music and a companion book that would give a written "lecture" of the historically important bits that would go along with. I've looked at the Carolyn Reynolds program (http://discoveringmusic.net/) and I may go with that but it sounds as if it's mostly her lecturing. Not that I'm being picky or anything...

I know that I could probably put something together myself but I was just thinking that it would be so relaxing to simply pop in a DVD and enjoy the paintings, sculptures, and architecture of a culture/time period while the music of said culture/time period was playing along with it and where we could pause the DVD to look up any historical stuff we wanted to in the corresponding companion book.

I guess I'm being picky AND lazy. :D

Anyone know of anything like this?