Menu

is there a website that estimates time of commute..

Mapquest will give you an estimated time. However, I believe that is based on no one else being on the road.

I'd like to find a website where I can put in two addresses and time that I plan to leave and get an estimated arrival time. Obviously, this would require accounting for traffic patterns and road construction.

Is there a website that does this. I looking for Northern Virginia.

Thanks

Mapquest will give you an estimated time. However, I believe that is based on no one else being on the road.

I'd like to find a website where I can put in two addresses and time that I plan to leave and get an estimated arrival time. Obviously, this would require accounting for traffic patterns and road construction.

Is there a website that does this. I looking for Northern Virginia.

Thanks

Well, I don't have a website, but I can tell you that it would probably be nigh unto impossible to provide that information - especially for Northern Virginia. I live in Stafford and once a week I have to drive my daughter to Springfield for her piano lesson at 11:30. It should take us an hour based on the time of day (rush hour basically over) to go straight up I-95 but I have experienced great variation in that over the years. The problem is that very often there is construction, an accident, an accident on lanes going in the opposite direction (rubber necking), and variance in volume.

Do you live in the area or are you just passing through? I recommend that if you a just passing through that you avoid rush hour for all you're worth and listen to WTOP radio as you near the area - 103.5FM - as they give traffic and weather conditions every ten minutes on the "8's" (1:08, 1:18, 1:28, etc.)

Also, I drove westward to Ashburn a few weeks ago to visit a friend. It took me an hour to get there and two hours to get back - same roads. You just never know.

Well, I don't have a website, but I can tell you that it would probably be nigh unto impossible to provide that information - especially for Northern Virginia. I live in Stafford and once a week I have to drive my daughter to Springfield for her piano lesson at 11:30. It should take us an hour based on the time of day (rush hour basically over) to go straight up I-95 but I have experienced great variation in that over the years. The problem is that very often there is construction, an accident, an accident on lanes going in the opposite direction (rubber necking), and variance in volume.

Do you live in the area or are you just passing through? I recommend that if you a just passing through that you avoid rush hour for all you're worth and listen to WTOP radio as you near the area - 103.5FM - as they give traffic and weather conditions every ten minutes on the "8's" (1:08, 1:18, 1:28, etc.)

Also, I drove westward to Ashburn a few weeks ago to visit a friend. It took me an hour to get there and two hours to get back - same roads. You just never know.

:iagree:

I think what your looking for is called a crystal ball. :D Northern VA traffic is completely unpredicatable. It was nice yesterday though. It only took dh 1 1/2 hours to get home instead of the usual 2 1/2.:) He works the 6-2 shift and 'we' were predicting traffic due to the holiday and there wasn't any.:hurray: