Menu

Shurley Method vs Shurley Homeschool

classics4us

The Shurley Method is scripted for the class and the "chapters" go on forever. Borrowed one last year for a co-op early grammar class. Yikes! It was not user friendly.

The lessons in Shurley Homeschool are broken down to a manageable size and they follow the same basic pattern. For example, lesson 5 is always writing. We didn't use that portion of the program (IEW instead). It is scripted as well.

HTH,

Teresa

Thank you! That is exactly what I needed to know.

How long would you say the lessons take each day?

I have used FFL 1-3 and love that the lessons are short and sweet. I am considering switching to Shurley for a couple of reasons. 1). We are joining a co-op that uses Latin for Children, which incorporates some Shurley.

2) I thought that FFL would expand into Advanced Language Lessons, but alas that is not to be. I want to use something that will be long term as I will have a 3rd and 4th grader next year.

A friend's co-op that uses LFC stopped using Shurley because grammar was covered so well in LFC. We're doing LFC & I bought only the Shurley chant CD. We listen to it during our morning time to learn the definitions and chants, but we aren't using the Shurley program.

A friend's co-op that uses LFC stopped using Shurley because grammar was covered so well in LFC. We're doing LFC & I bought only the Shurley chant CD. We listen to it during our morning time to learn the definitions and chants, but we aren't using the Shurley program.

Really? LFC covers grammar that well? Wow! I need to investigate this further. Thanks.