Menu

Need HIVE Dive Team help -- or moms w/kids with sinus issues........

ds11 is on dive team. He LOVES it! It is HIS THING!!!!!

His sinuses and ears and throat -- not so much.:glare:

Is there anything besides what we are already doing that we can do to lessen what is happening to him or does he really have to think about dropping off the team? Here are the facts:

Two days after he started diving, he developed congestion/post nasal drip/ear pain - the whole thing. Two days after that, it was a full blown sinus infection -- he was on a z-pack, took a week off of diving AND swimming and stayed out of the water. Everything was fine --

Back in the water after 9 days out of the water.

Two days later (diving I think is the culprit), sinus congestion and pressure again, post nasal drip.

We are using claritin, saline nasal spray, flonase that the doctor prescribed and thought would do the trick, Auri Dri ear drops --

But, we are right back where we started. I am thinking that the pressure of diving is causing this and perhaps he just cannot dive.

I need you all to tell me your experiences and what you think -- as a little background info, when I was his age, I spent an entire summer out of the pool because of two abcessed ears from diving.

HELP!!!!!