Menu

Talking about the forum to vendors

NotSoObvious

So I went to the HEAV convention in Richmond this week and I mentioned to a few vendors that I had heard x,y or z about their curriculum from TWM boards. A lot have them were shocked, especially Moving Beyond the Page, since they are so different from WTM methods. I explained that there are lots of different types of homeschoolers on here.

It's interesting that more of them don't search and follow boards like this. I would think it would provide them with a lot of feedback and insight, especially for their marketing departments.

Just an interesting observation.

I had a chance to talk with someone who was employed at a fairly high level with a well known homeschool curriculum company once. And it was shocking how little he knew about the homeschool world and how homeschoolers actually use curricula. Shocking. So I'm not really surprised if vendors don't know about these boards, even though it would seem like it would behoove them to.