Menu

Light or no grammar for a year?

My oldest dd has done R&S grammar for 3rd-6th grade and has a very solid foundation. I had plans to do AG for the next couple of years, but honestly I'm thinking of giving her a break for a year. She uses WWS, and I am planning to start Latin with her this fall. I would like to have plenty of time for those and do either a less rigorous grammar program or skip it altogether and start back up in 8th grade with AG.

I posted this on another forum, and someone suggested Easy Grams just to give her some review. Someone else recommended Killgallon, which looks really good too!

Any thoughts?

Light grammar will be totally fine. I would use dailygrammar.com. They have a workbook, and it's free!

Thanks! The workbook is listed for $23.50. That's a great price, but free would be better, lol. Am I looking at the wrong page?

My dd (5th grade) took a grammar break this year because we had planned to use ALL and I never found a replacement. From the grammar that has popped up in her Latin program I can tell she still retains it quite well so I'm not too worried about it. We'll be starting again in 6th though. Most grammar programs start with a good deal of review so I doubt it would be an issue at all.

Thanks! The workbook is listed for $23.50. That's a great price, but free would be better, lol. Am I looking at the wrong page?

Yep, you're looking at the wrong page. If you go to their archive page, all the lessons are free. I shouldn't have said workbook, as I made my own from those free pages.