Menu

I need Disney World help!

My sister and I would love to plan a trip to Disney World with our families sometime next summer. However, her husband is pretty big (think football player: tall, muscular, just big overall) and he can't fit on ANY of the rides, which he is kind of bummed about (especially since it's not a cheap vacation). Would there be enough activities there to keep him entertained? Would you go if you couldn't ride anything? Our kids will be between 1.5 and 5.5 years old, so we'll probably be doing lots of kids stuff. I don't think standing in princess meet and greet lines the whole time is his idea of a great vacation. :D

Why does he think he wouldn't be able to ride anything? Disney rides are very accommodating to people of all different sizes. Revealing the extent of my Disney geekiness here....but I listen to the Dis Unplugged podcast, and I know one of the guys on there is something like 6'6" and over 300 pounds and rides plenty of stuff. It's a whole different ballgame from typical amusement park rides.

Space Mountain will be hard for him, as well as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They were created in an era where people were smaller. SM he can probably get by with if he's in the 2nd or 3rd row, but it's still a tight fit. (We have the same issues in our house)

The rest are all good. There's a thread on the Disboards entitled Pooh-Sized, where larger people talk about their park experience if he's worried about anything.

ETA: my dh went on both Space Mountain and BTMR, so it is still doable, but it was such an uncomfortable ride that he won't go on them again. Works for me - The Kid and I will hit up SM while dh and The wee'un do Stitch or one of the other rides in the area.

Edited by Lily_Grace

Space Mountain will be hard for him, as well as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. They were created in an era where people were smaller. SM he can probably get by with if he's in the 2nd or 3rd row, but it's still a tight fit. (We have the same issues in our house)

The rest are all good. There's a thread on the Disboards entitled Pooh-Sized, where larger people talk about their park experience if he's worried about anything.

ETA: my dh went on both Space Mountain and BTMR, so it is still doable, but it was such an uncomfortable ride that he won't go on them again. Works for me - The Kid and I will hit up SM while dh and The wee'un do Stitch or one of the other rides in the area.

Thanks, this is helpful!