Menu

Has anyone bought Rosetta Stone "used"?

Abbeygurl4

I have it new, and it did require an activation code.

That said, which language were you thinking of learning? I have seen other posters recommend other resources that didn't cost so much, and seemed effective. There are many choices especially for popular languages such as Spanish, French, German and Mandarin.

I have it new, and it did require an activation code.

That said, which language were you thinking of learning? I have seen other posters recommend other resources that didn't cost so much, and seemed effective. There are many choices especially for popular languages such as Spanish, French, German and Mandarin.

I'm actually selling mine. Someone asked if it need the activation code. I think that I didn't register mine because it was just for technical help which I knew I wouldn't need.

Right now the kids are having a great time with Mango Languages, but DS 13 really loves Japanese so I'd like to find something for him. Preferably a Japanese neighbor! :D

This is good to know...I was hoping to get this for the fall. :)

I bought mine used from a friend. I did need the activation code. I believe that my friend had to call Rosetta Stone and deactivate it from her computer first before I could use the same code on my computer.

I'm not finding the info on RS site, but someone linked (a while ago) to their info saying they didn't allow resale of their software. You may want to do a search on this site...

I have read of a number of people who have had difficulty with buying a used copy (they were just out of the money & the software didn't work).

FYI.