Menu

The Critical Thinking Co - WWYD

Slipper

I'm looking for something to keep my two girls (ages 7 and almost 11) busy this summer. We do plan to continue homeschooling during the summer. We are doing a harry potter theme summer, reading Sorcerer's Stone and doing activities, tests and legos. However, my oldest will need two different surgeries this summer - one for teeth removal and another for tonsils and adenoids. Due to her autism, the doctor's have told me to clear my calendar for 24/7 care in case she tries to stick her hands down her throat or tug at stitches, etc.

So, I started looking for workbook type things to keep the other two busy with minimal instruction from me. I am looking at some of the bundles. Unfortunately, I need different levels on a few items. I'm thinking about buying the bundles AND buying the extra books they will need (they can use the unused bundle books either next year or the next).

My question is whether the products are good enough to make this type of investment? They are very expensive, but if they are good, I want them.

To make this even better, my in-laws have offered to contribute heavily to this purchase (they are hoping that the other girls won't drift to video games while I'm busy with my oldest). That makes me want to get them, but if the products are not very good, I don't want to waste their money (or mine).

Thoughts?

I think they are expensive, but both of my kids have loved pretty much any of their products I have bought. I think if I were in a similar situation I'd feel just fine about buying a bundle.

:iagree: They aren't cheap, but I've been impressed with the quality of what you get. I haven't bought a bundle, I tend to buy one or two books at a time, but if I could afford a bundle I would buy one. Every book I do receive just increases my desire to order another. My kids love the books too. If I gave them free rein to choose their work for the day, other than fiction books the books they would choose would be the ones from the Critical Thinking Company almost exclusively.