Menu

What do your kids do when they first wake up?

My kids usually sit on the couch...looking into space:D

I keep a book basket right at the couch, and as soon as they can focus, they read. I have them read for at least a half hour. I am usually up before them.

If I am not up, they come in and jump on me. :lol::lol: yes, even my big kids:glare:

Edited by Mommyfaithe

We don't do tv in the mornings or much at all really. The boys are allowed to watch one show on Saturday mornings (Sonic:tongue_smilie:) and that's about it. We do some Netflix stuff in the evenings but that is usually as a family. They draw, read, play with legos in the mornings before school and breakfast. TV has never been an issue with them.

We used to turn the TV on every morning, and finally I just told them that we weren't doing it anymore (except for Saturdays!). After a while, it became normal for them to get up and find something to do. They don't even ask to watch TV anymore in the morning. You can do it! ;)

:iagree: Dh decided to get rid of the livingroom TV and he replaced it with a projector/screen set up. I have NO IDEA how the darn thing works....and purposely refuse to learn.....SO, if they want to watch TV, it has to be in the evening with dad:D

I do have an iPad that we use for school videos and brain pop....BUT, as I also use it for work, we don't get to do that in the morning:D

Anyway.....we found a way to kill our TV....for the same reasons you stated....without completely getting rid of it.

Oh, when I see my kids getting addicted to my ipod touch or the computer...ie Poptropica...I place a no screens rule. This month it is NO SCREENS UNTIL DARK! IOW, no screens . Funny how they find other things to do after I have repeated the rule 200 times....:D