Menu

Veritas Press Omnibus course description??? Anyone care to share?

We really, really enjoy our Omnibus courses.

I am just struggling a bit with explaining this wonderful course to others.

Anyone out there write a course description for any of the Omnibus courses or books ?? If so...please offer some pointers, tips , direction...please.:D

Did you divide the course description in to History, Bible, Literature?

or

Simply explain how this one course serves as 3 credits etc...?

I am excited to glean from fellow VP Omnibus users!;)

Thanks for sharing in advance!

I'd love see the responses to this as well. In fact I posted a similar question here. We do use Omnibus books, but I skip some books and choose some from other sources (such as TOG or WTM--although there's a lot of overlap among them.) And to confuse matters further, I don't do any of the books of the Bible because we read through the Bible regularly (either a chronological survey as we did this year or focusing on one or more books) and it just didn't fit in with my plans. Plus it cuts down on my having to rework points of disagreement. So our Omnibus study comes down to a split between History and Literature...and in on instance math/science (Euclid). The Omnibus CD-ROM that comes with the teacher's edition does have a spreadsheet for calculating credits and grades. So that might be helpful to you. You can find course descriptions on the Veritas Online Class site http://scholars.veritaspress.com/.

Even with all that, I'm still a bit undecided as to how to break it all down for the transcript.

Even with all that, I'm still a bit undecided as to how to break it all down for the transcript.

This is exactly why I need clarification!

I have seen the description on the VP website.....but, need help translating it for the Transcript/ Course Descriptions for Colleges;)

VP users who have accomplished this task....please share !;)

One thing I would do is list the works read. If you are fortunate, you can copy and paste this right from their website, but you may have to type it up on your own. I do this with Tapestry of Grace. Yes, I'll need a course description as well, but the book list is nice addition that give more detail on what the student read.

Thank you for the VP website info.

I have read that...& it is very helpful a decription on the transcript.;)

Just to clarify...

I am seeking examples of how to write the course description....the wording...

Do you write a course description for each...History,Bible, & Literature?

or

Do you write one combo course description explaining how this equals 3 credits?

I know others have created super Omnibus course descriptions & presented them to colleges. I am eager to learn from those who have accomplished this task. !:001_smile:

I have spoken with a friend who has a recent hs graduate and reading other comments here, I think what I'll do is keep a list of all books read for school each year, then divvy up many, but not all of them, into History and Literature. Since we did Ancients this year, I feel like we have fewer fiction selections and more primary sources. But suspect they will even out a bit in subsequent years.

I've also seen it suggested that a Great Book can be listed both under History and Literature if it fits both categories.

My IRL friend says for the colleges her daughter applied and was accepted to, she actually didn't get much of a grilling on her course descriptions. So, don't neglect them, but don't stress too much.

No stressing here;)

I just want to get this started before I have 4 yrs. worth to do at one time!!:tongue_smilie:

I would rather get a plan & keep it going!

Keep the ideas coming!!

Yep, me too. I'm trying to maintain the transcripts as we go.:001_smile: