Menu

Switched on Schoolhouse questions

frugalmama

Does anyone here use it for 3rd? How have you liked it? Other grades? Does it get more religious as it gets higher in grade level? We would not be using Bible FWIW.

Also - what do you do with the discs after you are finished with them, since you aren't supposed to sell them. Am I correct in assuming you can GIVE them away? And if so where do you do so? If you do sell yours - where? {feel free to PM me instead of writing it here if you don't want it public}. If you've gotten a used copy - have you had any issues? How did you get a used copy?

I'm strongly thinking about using SOS 3rd grade for dd this fall as a supplement to her 2nd grade work with SL. She loves anything on the PC, so this would be right up her alley. We school year round so this would work well for us, but the cost is eeek!

We've only used the 5th grade science. I purchased it used from an individual on a forum similar to this one. I had no issues with it for a long time, until my computer decided that it didn't want to read the disk any more. :rolleyes: Issue is my computer's, not the disk's or the curric's. Occasionally my computer decides it doesn't think it has a CD-ROM drive at all. :glare:

Anyway. I also have a church friend who has promised us several full sets of SOS for the upper grades. She is giving them to us for free. I tried to get her to take some money and she said she was blessed when her kids were young and she just wants to pay it forward. Well, thank you very much!

So, because I've never used a full set before, I'm curious if there will be issues also. I do know that you can only register it so-many times, and I think they used it on more than once device, so I'm not sure if that is going to hinder us or not.

As far as it getting more religious or not, having only used the one set, I don't know. Personally I'm using it BECAUSE it's religious though, so my judgement may not be what you'd seek anyway. ;)

Bump! :lurk5: