Menu

What level Growing With Grammar...

ShelzNH

I am pretty sure the sequence of teaching the skills is different.

Also, the GWG workbook/manual is a combined first and second grade/level so you have no choice but to buy both. Maybe go through the first grade and hit on the things that need review or taught the first time and then continue with the second grade.

We switched from FLL...only got 1/2 way through level 1... to GWG. I really like the program and how independently they can work. I make sure he understand the instructions, he does the work, I check it, he corrects any mistakes, and then we discuss/review anything that needs to be discussed and reviewed.

I would start with GWG 3. My son used it for half of last year because we spent the first half of it searching for a good grammar program that fit him. It is all explained very well and it's not something where you need to have done the first book.

My son just turned 9 last month but was having no trouble using GWG 3 at 8 years old even though we'd done absolutely no grammar at all until that point. I mean none, nothing, nada, zip LOL. I had emailed the writer of GWG and she told me to start him with 3 as it would make no difference that he'd not done 1 & 2. I believe it covers the same things as 1 & 2 but is not a review of those. It is thorough enough to start with.

HTH

Kel