Menu

Need Help Finding Art Curriculum for Co-op

thegeyser

I am part of a CM-style co-op. We do art, poetry, and nature study with children ages K through middle school. My question today concerns our art. Previously, we did Meet the Masters (Tracks A & B), and we just finished Book Two of Artistic Pursuits this year. While we enjoyed these, we now need curriculum that meets are current situation.

When we first started our group, we were able to use curriculum designed for one age group, but now we have some older kids too. The middle school track was new this past spring, so we knew the kids would be too old for the curriculum - and they were. They were bored, and we've promised to find something that suits them.

For next year we need between 16 - 24 lessons, and I would like to pick three tracks of curriculum/books: one for kids grades K-2, one for kids grades 3-5, and one for the 6-8th graders. We plan on separating the art appreciation and picture study from the actual instruction and projects, so we can keep the all the kids in the same family studying the same artists and meet their individual skill levels.

So...I need your help. What books/curriculum should I check out? We will have about 45 minutes set aside for art. It doesn't have to be marketed for home schoolers. We just need something that enables non-artists to teach art. Thanks for taking the time to answer!