Menu

Opinions on dog breeds

Either labs or boxers would be amazing dogs for a little boy. Boxers are very devoted to their people - fortunately 'their people' can include most anyone they've ever met. Our boxer knows half the people on our circle and is equally comfortable sleeping on any of their feet.

I will say - it does take him longer to warm up to men. He was a rescue and whatever happened to him was done by a man. He barks and backs away whenever a man he doesn't know is around. He does warm up and has never been aggressive. We're working hard on it and he seems to be doing better.

We found both of our mixed breeds on Petfinder.com. I can't recommend that site highly enough. Put the breeds you're interested in in the search engine, along with your zip and the miles you're willing to drive, and it comes back with available dogs at shelters and rescues. After months of going to shelters and pet adoption fairs that NEVER had the breeds we were interested in, we got exactly what we wanted.

Both of our dogs non-aggressive, sweet, and slightly dopey ;). We have a poodle/spaniel mix that no one ever knows what she is. She looks like a small (47 lbs) black lab with a curly/wavy coat. Our other dog is a shih tzu/maltese. He greets everyone like they are a long, lost friend. I love having sweet tempered dogs that I don't need to constantly remind who is in charge. I dealt with that for years and enjoy having companions, not projects :tongue_smilie:.