Menu

camera problems: Nikon D80 then the D60

I saved for 1.5 years to get a Nikon D80. After 6 weeks, the auto focus motor went and I returned it to the store where I purchased it. It was going to take 2-4 weeks to get a new one (they didn't have one in stock) and we're going on vacation and then I'm having major surgery and wouldn't be able to really use it for 6-8 weeks. So, I remembered the numerous threads on what a great camera the D60 is, and I saw one on the showroom floor, so I made a spontaneous decision and bought the D60 (and saved $400 in the process).

The problem is, I reallly miss the D80. Will I ever get used to the D60 after being spoiled by the D80? I have 7 very active kids. I loved the rapid auto shoot of the D80 that apparently the D60 doesn't have (or is it because I didn't charge the battery fully?) the D80 was heavier and the "click" was deeper. The D60 click sounds cheap to me.

so, tell me I'm a spoiled brat and the D60 will be just fine.

or tell me that the $400 really was worth it, and I should take the D60 back and patiently wait for a new D80. or take my business elsewhere.

it took so long for them to refund my D80 money, and then when I turned around and bought the D60, they gave me an empty box (SO GLAD I checked before I left the store!). turns out, they gave me the display model's box.

What would you do? :confused:

Well.... I won't tell you what you should do but I will tell you that I LOVE my D80! :001_tt1:

Yeah, I don't think it's what you want to hear, but I wouldn't trade my D80 for a D60. I could never be happy with the limited features after using mine for a few months now. I think the D60 is perfect for someone who is moving up from a point and shoot and getting into dSLR's for the first time. But moving down, that's a much harder process. :o