Menu

Stiches question

Why does this stuff always come up in the middle of the night? I have 4 big baindaids on my stomach and the Dr said I have butterfly sutures ( bandaids? can't remember now) underneath. The ones by my GB llook fine, but the one over my belly buton has been bleeding. It's not through the bandaid, but I can see the blood underneath and since last night the line of blood has moved down further on the baindaid. Is this normal?

I got up off the couch too quick earlier and I am afraid I pulled something. I am relatively pain free inthe GB area, but my belly button has pain even with the painmeds. I can take 2 pills instead of one, but it isn't that bad, it's just there.

Thanks.

Hi Quiver,

Did you have a laparoscopy? Sounds like it. I had one years ago for an ectopic. If you are concerned about the amount of blood on the bandaid pull it back, clean up the incision with a little peroxide and see how it looks. Then you can put on a new bandaid. If you moved quickly you might have broken the fibrin seal (first stage of wound healing) on the incision and allowed some pent up blood from skin bleeders during the closure to escape. It is probably not going to be a big deal, but if you pull back the bandaid and you have active bleeding then I would call your doc immediately.

Soph