Menu

Overload....

(or... Why I Do NOT Care to Repeat Yesterday!)

We're driving to Florida in six days... oldest ds is graduation from Bible school Hurray!!!!

But... let me state that correctly....

The youngest 4 dc and I are driving to Florida in six days.

Hours after dd takes her road test (her choice).

We need a new (to us) vehicle to make the trip; the currently family van is pushing 231,000 miles.

Dh finally finds something suitable on Sunday that someone hasn't already paid for or put a deposit on or whatever. Yes, this was 9 days before we leave.

Tuesday morning he calls AAA to buy a membership for me for the trip.

Tuesday afternoon I drive 45 minutes to pay the man for the "new" van. (Another story in itself). Around 1:30, I find out I have to be there around 4 pm.

Dd finishes work at 4 pm. Must find dd a ride home from work since I will not be back until 5.

Other dds had been with a friend visiting from out of state; they were dropped off at dd's place of employment just before 4. Good -- they can all come home together.

Call oldest dd on the way home to cook sausage for dinner; she has a soccer game in town at 6:45 and has to be there at 6.

Stop at grocery store to get food to round out the dinner.

Get food, check out, go to van, pull out of parking spot, drive toward the exit. Something doesn't seem right.

Pull back into parking spot near the end of the rows.

Flat tire. Totally flat. Ok, at least I'm 15 minutes from home and not 45.

I have AAA now; yippee!! They come quickly.

I call dd... you are gonna be late to soccer.

I call dh... do I have a donut (spare) in the van? Is the jack in the van?

AAA man finds the location of the spare tire... under the floor of the van in the cargo area. Jack is where it's supposed to be (have to mark that on the calendar).

But... we can't get the spare tire out of its location. The dutch doors on the van haven't opened since shortly after we got it almost 3 yrs ago.

AAA man calls a tow truck.

I call a friend to come get me & little ds.

When she brings me home, she picks up dd and drops dd off in town on her way home.

And the tire? It has a puncture hole in the side wall and cannot be repaired. Must buy a new tire. For $90. For a van that has 231,000 miles on it. That we're taking off the road in just a few days.

Today was better.

I took ds to work so I could use his car today.

I picked up my van with its new $90 tire this afternoon.

And best of all... the roadrunner people came at 6:30 this evening.

No more have dial up!

I can't believe how fast this is.

And tomorrow will be even better.

Dh will register the new van and we'll go pick it up in the afternoon!!

This is the nicest vehicle I've had in probably 15 years.

:auto:

And in the end, you rode off into the sunset, happily ever after? :auto:

Sounds like you had to pay for the good stuff with the bad. I'm jealous that you have a new car. My wagon has 140,000 miles and the check engine light is always on. Enjoy your new van!

But God is good....all the time.....

Yes, yes and Amen!

And in the end, you rode off into the sunset, happily ever after? :auto:

No, I just feel like I'm driving ALL the time. It's not unusual for me to leave my driveway 4 or 5 times a day, sometimes more!

My wagon has 140,000 miles and the check engine light is always on. Enjoy your new van!

Don't be. We're moving up from a 1994 to a 2000, from 230K miles to 132K. But this is probably the nicest vehicle we've had in over 15 years!

Blessings!