Menu

Easy but unique salmon recipe?

I would grill the salmon. Everything tastes better when grilled.

I usually marinate our salmon with a few standards and then implement a few variations to add a little variety. My kids eat it like crazy. I am needing to buy bigger fillets, they love it so much. Good Luck!

Always Includes:

Minced Garlic (lots of)

Soy Sauce

Brown Sugar

Variations:

Bourbon

Pineapple Juice

Orange Juice

Honey Teriyaki Sauce

I've done this one many times. It's easy and very tasty. Even my super picky son will eat it.

http://kellysaid.blogspot.com/2006/07/glazed-salmon-with-dilly-mustard-sauce.html

Some form of this looks easiest for tonight since I have all the ingredients.

Salmon Wrapped in Filo Dough I've eaten something similar to this. I've always wanted to try making it ;)

I'll have to keep this in mind for another time. My son is allergic to wheat though so I have to figure something else out for him.

I would grill the salmon. Everything tastes better when grilled.

I usually marinate our salmon with a few standards and then implement a few variations to add a little variety. My kids eat it like crazy. I am needing to buy bigger fillets, they love it so much. Good Luck!

I'd love to grill but it's rainning and dh is a purist so we only have a big charcoal grill. My kids love it and eat a ton, too. Wish I could find a cheaper source for wild caught!

Thanks for the ideas! Lots to experiment with in the future.

Well, if grilling is out...

Take fresh spinach, diced onion (little bit), marscapone or ricotta, panko bread crumbs, S&P and make a goop in a bowl. Grease a cookie sheet and press the goop into the top of the salmon and bake.

Another variation on the "Goop Topping":

Diced craisins, garlic, onion, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan & S &P (add a little OJ to make the stuff stick)

Good Luck!

(Sorry I don't have time to pull the actual recipes to give you quantities, etc. But I have to go feed my own ravenous wolves now. I don't want a riot!)