Menu

An Ant - Learn to Read ...thoughts?

I'm at a loss. I did a poor job staying on track this year (kinder) and DD just doesn't have the solid foundation I'd wish for her, especially in the reading/phonics area.

I was looking at An Ant - Learn to Read Book 1 and Learn to Read with Real Phonics, Book 2. Has anyone used these? DD is stuck on CVC words (and is a painstakingly slow blend-er). This looks like it might be a laid-out method to give her sequential practice/confidence. (We do have other beginning readers: BOB books, Fun Tales/Sonlight readers -- does this offer anything different?)

Thoughts? Waste of money?

I'm also concerned that I saw some diacritical marks in the lessons. Thoughts on these? Confusing? Helpful? Not really noticeable?

(I'm also considering AAR1. We've been doing OPGTR but she is bucking it mightily... and really enjoys games/hands-on activities....which I can provide, but mine aren't "real school.") :glare: I have AAS1 but I'm not sure she's ready for it.