Menu

If you could recommend just one top notch online class...

I want my 12 year old (he'll be in 8th grade next year) to have experience with another teacher (besides co-op "moms") and other students his age in a core class. I want this to be an experience that really challenges him and opens his eyes to the quality of work that other students his age are expected to produce. (It's so hard to "bump it up a notch" when he's the oldest and already feels that I ask too much of him.) I think a literature class might be perfect since he'll be able to discuss ideas with someone other than me. So, if you could recommend one class with one extraordinary teacher online - what would it be? Thanks so much!

Hands down Potter's School English classes. All of mine will be using them all the way through high school. My 12yo took his first one this year and most definitely was challenged, both in content as well as character (in terms of quality and quantity of work, deadlines, etc.).

Any specific classes/teachers you would recommend?