Menu

Exterior paint questions...

I've always lived in brick homes, so I have no clue about painting exteriors. We closed in our back porch and carport so we could have a mudroom and a garage, and now I need to paint.

Should the trim around the doors and windows be semi-gloss?

What about the siding- satin, flat????

And does anyone have any experience w/ Olympia brand paint? I finally found colors I liked, but have never used Olympia, and that just happens to be the brand w/ the right colors.

Trim should be semi or gloss... Does exterior paint even come in flat? I would think flat would allow too much water to seep through. (we're restoring our 150 yo clapboards, so you'd think it would come up, but... Nope, I have no idea what our exterior paint is. And I just asked my husband - who is not a paint guy, that's me here at Chez Crazy - and he has no idea either.)

I like the Olympic interior zero VOC paint, but it does take more coats than Behr stinky paint.

Sorry, that's probably not that helpful.

Ok, i just came out and put my eyeball up the the front of the house. Our exterior paint is satin. Whew. I feel better.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Trim should be semi or gloss... Does exterior paint even come in flat? I would think flat would allow too much water to seep through. (we're restoring our 150 yo clapboards, so you'd think it would come up, but... Nope, I have no idea what our exterior paint is. And I just asked my husband - who is not a paint guy, that's me here at Chez Crazy - and he has no idea either.)

I like the Olympic interior zero VOC paint, but it does take more coats than Behr stinky paint.

Sorry, that's probably not that helpful.

Ok, i just came out and put my eyeball up the the front of the house. Our exterior paint is satin. Whew. I feel better.

:lol: Thanks! and I have no idea if it comes in flat either, I just saw it listed on the back of the sample, but that doesn't mean anything!