Menu

Anyone not like Apologia General Science?

summer

My dd, who is very religious and a heavy creationist..so this is not her issue...is complaining that her Apologia General Science is not sciencey enough. She says they are spending too much time talking about how science is so wrong and very little time talking about actual science. Maybe this is just going on in the begining? I am not sure. But, I do not have the time or energy to put in to teaching her science myself so I am afraid to drop it and go to a more teacher intensive program. I am unsure what to do.

Should we just give it more time? She reads a fair amount of science and watches science shows on the side anyway.

I think that General Science gives a great foundation for higher-level science study. My ds13 enjoyed it, but he did have to work hard memorizing the terminology for tests.

I've chosen not to use it with ds#2, because it is a bit dry. Since ds#1 will be doing Apologia's Biology course next year, I've chosen a cheap, used copy of BJU's Life Science for him, so that he can join his brother in microscope use and dissection.