Menu

CC's Geo-Drawing Camp

MeganW

During CC's 3 day Parent Practicum, my kids will be in the Geo-Drawing Camp for the first time this summer. The name is certainly intriguing, but I'm having a hard time picturing what they will be doing based on the description. Can somebody explain exactly what they will doing?

What knowledge would be helpful prior to starting? Names & approximate locations of continents & oceans? How to hold down a ruler & draw alongside it? (That could be a challenge - why do my kids find that so hard????) What else?

Other thoughts / comments about Geo-Drawing Camp?

My daughter went to this last summer and will be attending again this summer. I wondered the same thing last year....how can they draw all day for 3 days! The camp was wonderful!! Last summer was an introduction to American history so they drew flags and colored them, practiced tracing the U.S., tried drawing North America, read books about a few of the people they would be hearing about, learned about different geography terms and places, watched a kid movie on parks in the U.S. and probably more I just can't remember at the moment. This summer they will be working on Africa and the ancient world. I don't know how much it differs from camp to camp or if it is all the same... You don't need to give any preparation as far as I know...I hope this helps answer your question:001_smile:

My daughter went to this last summer and will be attending again this summer. I wondered the same thing last year....how can they draw all day for 3 days! The camp was wonderful!! Last summer was an introduction to American history so they drew flags and colored them, practiced tracing the U.S., tried drawing North America, read books about a few of the people they would be hearing about, learned about different geography terms and places, watched a kid movie on parks in the U.S. and probably more I just can't remember at the moment. This summer they will be working on Africa and the ancient world. I don't know how much it differs from camp to camp or if it is all the same... You don't need to give any preparation as far as I know...I hope this helps answer your question:001_smile:

Ah gotcha! That makes much more sense than what I was imagining!