Menu

Glad to see Random acts of Kindness

I just wanted to share something that happened while at work today.

I am working today and the girl that sits next to me (we'll just call her K) has a sick little girl.

She put in for Saturday swap (if available you can swap hours and work on saturday instead of your normal day)

today to be able to be with her daughter because she is almost out of sick time. Well there was no swap time available so she was trying to find a family member to go get her daughter and watch her so K wouldn't have to leave work and not get paid. Money is tight as she is a single mom.

Another co-worker (we'll call her D) over heard and she had already gotten approved for saturday swap so she could just go out to lunch with a friend and go shopping today . She went to managment and asked if she could just give up her saturday swap time and give it to K so she could be with her daughter.

They approved it and K got a wonderful surprise. D stayed and worked all day and just re-scheduled with her friend . K got to go home and be with her daughter and she can work on saturday and make up her time and not have a short pay check.

Some people would have just went on about their day and left and gone shopping and out to lunch.

Even though this did not affect me directly It literaly brought tears to my eyes today. I am very lucky that I work with Kind hearted people .