Menu

Refacing bathroom cabinets?

Our bathroom cabinets are white. I think they are RTF. They have a shiny, smooth feel to them. They are nicked in so many places that it looks really shabby. We are looking at buying new cabinet doors and drawer fronts and the adhesive veneer wood pieces to reface the box (or whatever you call it).

Do you have experience with refacing cabinets like this? Was it good or bad? Advice?

Can we easily reface RTF (if that is what it is) with the veneer wood pieces? We're looking at this type of refacing.

FWIW, I did try to paint a couple of doors and the paint just doesn't look good. I want a medium honey colored oak facing. The master bathroom is a custom built piece that is 80.5 inches long with double sinks, so we can't buy just a stock cabinet. That was our first choice. We were going to replace it ourselves but if the refacing doesn't work, we'll have to hire someone to build us a new cabinet.