Menu

Combining HOD with WinterPromise

5 Hikers

Is it too much or can I do it?

I want to use HOD for History/LA/Bible for my 2 youngers. I would get LHFHG and Bigger.

I also have Animal Worlds by WP. I would use this as written adding HOD.

I use Montessori for math.

I have used LHFHG 2 years ago and it only took us 45 minutes to complete. From the looks of AW guide and books, the reading portion and workbooks might take 45 minutes. Add in 1 hour for crafts and games.

Add 40 minutes for math. That is 2 hours of learning and 1 hour of playing for a K student.

Bigger may take 1- 1 1/2 hours. That makes 3 1/2 hours for a 3rd grader. I would have him read from the listed choices.

My other options are WP Animal Worlds with K and 3rd and Add in SOTW vol.1 with activity guide. I am also considering Galloping the Globe.

I own all these already so I don't mind piecing and choosing from each program.

ThankS!

Guest Shera

While I haven't done this I am considering it, only at higher levels. I would pick one program to be the main one though or drop the Storytime readings from HOD and the science and use WP in replace. I would think as long as you are willing to pick and choose from each program and drop if necessary it would work.

HTH

Sarah

I used parts of Memoria Press K with LHFHG and it worked out fine. I think LHFHG is so short you can definitely add to it to round it out. I am using SL Core K alongside Beyond right now and it is working out fine, too. I haven't used WP but it sounds like it would be a doable supplement.

HTH,

Kathy