Menu

Another art/music question - art appreciation

I need a schedule/lesson plan for art and music study this next year.

My wonderful sil has bought us almost all of the "Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists" and " . . . Composers" books. So I would like to use those but I can't decide where to even start.

Can anyone point me in the direction of something online? Or does anyone here have a good plan or a good idea of where to start?

** Also, is there such a thing as a curriculum for youngers that focuses solely on artist and/or composer study? (Not 'how to draw' or 'how to play music' - but art appreciation)

I should be able to do this by myself:001_smile:, but my brain is mush after planning out all the other subjects and I don't want to neglect art and music study again this year.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Meet the Masters introduces several artists. There are art projects for each lesson, but we actually started skipping those toward the end of the series and just watched the lessons. Creativity Express has a a light version of introducing the arts, but also has some "how to" components. Classics for kids is an online site for composers. Several philharmonics around the country have websites as well.

Google offers 360 degree views inside several art galleries. If you want to just have some images to go along with your books, you could pre-search each day and then pull up the images you want.

I need a schedule/lesson plan for art and music study this next year.

My wonderful sil has bought us almost all of the "Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists" and " . . . Composers" books. So I would like to use those but I can't decide where to even start.

Can anyone point me in the direction of something online? Or does anyone here have a good plan or a good idea of where to start?

** Also, is there such a thing as a curriculum for youngers that focuses solely on artist and/or composer study? (Not 'how to draw' or 'how to play music' - but art appreciation)

I should be able to do this by myself:001_smile:, but my brain is mush after planning out all the other subjects and I don't want to neglect art and music study again this year.

Thanks in advance for any help!

http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2011/06/worlds-greatest-artists-unit-study.html

This sounds like it's just what you are looking for! You already have the books and it's free! =D She also has one for composers that I want to get too .. It's here.. http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2012/01/worlds-greatest-composers-vol-1.html