Menu

A question about those popular cross-body bags.

I have been reading a lot of the bag/purse suggestions and many of you seem to like the cross-body style bags. I really don't need a big bag. I carry my wallet, cell phone, and chapstick, and I really like the idea of these bags. My question is, can you just wear these bags over your shoulder, not crossing your body? (Or is that just wrong?) I think that based on the clothes I wear and my body, that strap is just not going to hit me right.

I cannot stand wearing a purse strap across my body, but I really like a purse with a strap I can carry on my shoulder. It seems like every purse in style now is either a cross-body style or one with short handles. I have tried several of the cross body styles in the store to see if I can carry them on my shoulder and the straps are just too long and they tend to hang funny, so I have never bought one.

How I wish regular shoulder strap purses would come back in style!:tongue_smilie:

Cute bag you purchased! I use a Kavu bag that goes across my body. I need my arms and shoulders free and the Kavu works for me. It's small enough to carry all I need and big enough for me to stuff a little extra in if needed for the day. I've had mine 3 1/2 years and it's finally worn out. I'm getting a new one for Mother's Day.

Thanks! I just bought this one. We'll see how it works out! :)

Very cute.

The only time I wear a cross-over bag (since I am rather large on top and it just doesn't look that great :tongue_smilie:) is if we're in a big city and traveling. To prevent pickpockets and such.