Menu

Computing GPA????

I am checking out two online schools for high school for my son.

School A (that we currently use and like) grades A, B, C, D, F there is no A+, A-, B+, B-, etc.

School B uses A, A-, B+, etc.

Are you at a disadvantage if you use school A? Plus on your transcript you would have to put a B even if you got an 89 and it really was a B+.

Am I thinking this through correctly?

Personally, for us, I don't think it matters. I'm only using whole grades, no pluses or minuses. The colleges and scholarships that we've been looking at will be much more influenced by test scores (ACT, SAT) for homeschoolers, as well as outside courses/grades.

Pegasus

Personally, for us, I don't think it matters. I'm only using whole grades, no pluses or minuses. The colleges and scholarships that we've been looking at will be much more influenced by test scores (ACT, SAT) for homeschoolers, as well as outside courses/grades.

Pegasus

:iagree:

Insider information seems to indicate that schools are much more likely to use class rank and only use grades to see how a student did inside their own record (better the first year, than the second? better in English than math?)