Menu

Would you finish Shurley 7 or do something else?

My up and coming 9th grader has Lyme disease. We have had to really lighten her load because of the way she feels. So, we have been trying to do Shurley 7 this year, but we haven't gotten very far.

If you were faced with starting high school the next year, would you finish Shurley 7 or do something else? I'm wondering about BJU w/ DVD's? We tried AG, but that didn't work very well.

Any ideas?

Has she done several levels of Shurley? We usually went from Shurley 7 to R & S 7. First, if she's done several levels of Shurley, you could abridge it and get to the new stuff more quickly. If she is parsing well and knows many of the jingles, you could cover the material in each Shurley lesson in two short lessons per week.

Will you be working through summer? If so, I would skim through any review material, stop at anything that needs to be nailed down and then move into the new material.

HTH,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for responding. Yes, she has done a couple of years of Shurley. She has done well with it and really likes it. So, you are saying you recommend R&S7 after Shurley 7? Did you teach it or have your dc do it independently?

I think you are right...I need to move through it more quickly. I tend to want to cover every. single. thing. thoroughly. But, sometimes that means unnecessary review.

I had considered BJU DVD classes also, but I have no idea where to place her.

Edited by Mommy7