Menu

Selling on WTM and using Paypal......

I have a paypal account but I have only used it to buy curriculum and buy off of Ebay. How do I use the account to sell or how do I allow folks from say this board to pay me? Does that make sense? I have some stuff I would like to sell and I would like to give folks the option of either prepaying using a money order or some how making a deposit into my paypal account but I have no idea how to do that.

TIA,

Rebecca

I'm not certain, so maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you just give them the email address you have attached to your paypal account. Then they send the payment to that address and paypal emails you to let you know you have received a payment. I think it's that simple, but, as I stated, I may be wrong.

I think that you will be set up to accept non-credit card payments. If I remember correctly, the first time I received a credit card paypal payment, the email from paypal asked if I wanted to accept the payment since there was an added fee for credit card payments at that time. Now it seems that there are fees taken out of every payment.

I hope I've helped a little, but at least I've bumped you up so someone more knowledgeable can help more.

So they go to Paypal and type in my e-mail addy and then they go through the steps at Paypal? All I do is give them my addy and wait and see, right... If so that seems easy enough. I don't have to modify my Paypal account to receive money?

Yep that's right. Just give them your email addy and they go and make the payments. You would not be able to take credit cards without upgrading your account so you need to tell people that up front. If you want to upgrade your account you would need to make a premium account. Once you do that it will accept credit card payments from others as well but paypal will take approximately 4% of the paid amount as a fee for every transaction including credit card and non-credit card payments.

So they go to Paypal and type in my e-mail addy and then they go through the steps at Paypal? All I do is give them my addy and wait and see, right... If so that seems easy enough. I don't have to modify my Paypal account to receive money?

You got it. It really is simple. My account is already set up to accept credit cards, because in order to sell on Ebay you have to accept credit cards. :D My guess is you are good to go.

Heather

Hi Rebecca.....:D

I still can't give you rep points :confused: I did just try. Anyhoot - I'm baaaaaaack!

Yeah! I kept thinking I should call ya but then I remembered that you were off basking in the Cali sun :coolgleamA: soaking in the beauty of Big Tree and all my fav alpine place in there and tried not to turn toooooo green ;)

You got it. It really is simple. My account is already set up to accept credit cards, because in order to sell on Ebay you have to accept credit cards. :D My guess is you are good to go.

Heather

Heather thanks this is good info because I want to start selling on Ebay and almost upgraded last night but I will now wait until I really start selling on Ebay.

Yep that's right. Just give them your email addy and they go and make the payments. You would not be able to take credit cards without upgrading your account so you need to tell people that up front. If you want to upgrade your account you would need to make a premium account. Once you do that it will accept credit card payments from others as well but paypal will take approximately 4% of the paid amount as a fee for every transaction including credit card and non-credit card payments.

Alyce, thank I will make sure I give the heads up and will not up grade until I have to!