Menu

Intergrated History Language Arts

sle22

I have been searching for a curriculum that integrates History and Language Arts/Grammar/Reading/Writing/Vocab/Spelling. We have Math and Science covered, and for History we are currently doing state history. We are using Easy Grammar 4th grade, Wordsmith Apprentice, Spelling Work-out, Wordly Wise, and Progeny Press. I feel this is kind of over kill and could easily be taken care of with a curriculum that combines History with Language Arts. Any suggestions??? I have looked into Unit Studies but just started homeschooling in January and I am not confident enough to build my own unit study and the ones that are built all include Science, which I know I could easily remove, but knowing me, I will try to do it all. :001_huh: My son also LOVES reading so I thought that the perfect curriculum (my mind gets carried away...LOL!!) would be a History Rich curriculum with plenty of readers in that time period and that included Language Arts. Sentence structure would be from the history as well as spelling and vocabulary. Writing would also be taken from history for example (research papers, etc). Does this exist or do I need to settle for something or build my own? We are wanting to do U.S History next. Any suggestions would be great please. I feel that our days are filled with 30-45 minute blocks of all these subjects, when it would be easy to integrate them. Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...