Menu

Apologia Advanced Biology/AP prep/DIVE??

If the goal is taking the AP Bio test...would you recommend DIVE or Red Wagon, or something we haven't thought of?

We've been mulling over AP Bio/Apologia Adv Bio for next year, too. I was considering having him do Apologia Adv Bio alongside Thinkwell AP Bio. The topics don't match up at all, but somehow you're going to have to figure out a way to review Apologia's basic biology for the AP exam because Apologia Adv Bio only covers anatomy and physiology. Thinkwell could provide the review. Like I said, I'm still thinking it over, but it might be something for you to look at.

Have you seen the online sample of Red Wagon? I just can't see my ds sitting through that. I've had my other dc go through Apologia's Adv Bio (actually all the Apologia upper level books) without any extra lectures, like DIVE or Red Wagon. Apologia is very user friendly. I don't think a student necessarily needs the extra lectures, and in fact I think they would have slowed my dc down.

for 2012/2013 and the Anatomy/Physiology part of the test has been pretty much gutted. I wouldn't think that Apologia Adv. Biology would be helpful in preparing for the new AP test at all.

Here is a link to AP Biology homepage which has a ton of great resources showing how the new test has cut the scope of the test while increasing depth in areas like genetics.

http://www.collegeboard.com/html/apcourseaudit/courses/biology.html

Nancy

for 2012/2013 and the Anatomy/Physiology part of the test has been pretty much gutted. I wouldn't think that Apologia Adv. Biology would be helpful in preparing for the new AP test at all.

Here is a link to AP Biology homepage which has a ton of great resources showing how the new test has cut the scope of the test while increasing depth in areas like genetics.

http://www.collegeboard.com/html/apcourseaudit/courses/biology.html

Nancy

Oh, wow! Thanks for the heads-up.