Menu

Needs recommendations for American History and Government-- please read

We do Story of The World and Mystery of History together for our history cycles (they are our spines). We also add in Diana Waring CD's and other resources based on the time period being studied. We do this from grades 1-8 and they go through it 2x (but this year we had a year extra for a Geography year because of when dd was started ;)) Anyways- dc go through the material 2x but really get a good thorough understanding the 2nd time whereas sometimes things go over their head the first time. So, my question is what American History resource would you add to this to really (very thoroughly) beef up the American History and Government portions of history? Again, I am not expecting them to retain everything the first cycle through but I want a good thorough intro the first time through but the same program to really cement the history into them the 2nd time through.

Does this make sense? :001_huh:

I would HIGHLY recommend Notgrass. Their America the Beautiful is geared for middle school but can be tweaked. It is rich, wonderfully written and has great supplements (We the People, Mapping). I know some who are using their high school programs on US History and Government and love it as well.