Menu

Another "I want a baby" post...

We are truly blessed and have four wonderful dc. Our oldest is 13, the youngest is 8.

I am really, really feeling the baby blues. I would love to have another one and dh is willing, but is somewhat waiting for me to convince him that this is not a passing feeling. I have been feeling like this for a few years, though it has gotten especially bad over the last few months.

I can think of a hundred reasons why we probably shouldn't have another baby...we would be starting over, it is pretty easy with our dc now, saving for college or other financial things, I am not at an ideal weight to begin a pregnancy, to name a few.

I don't really have any grand reason to have another baby, except that we enjoy everything there is about babies and children and love having a house full.

We have a wonderful marriage, so this is not about filling a gap or anything like that.

I am just trying to come to terms with how I feel. Do we just take the leap of faith and try for another baby or will this feeling eventually pass? I don't want to always be wishing for another baby and then get to the age where it wouldn't be possible any longer. I will be 37 this year. And, then if we don't have another baby, will I always be sad that we didn't?

Any BTDT advice? Which way did you go...have another or the feelings passed?

We had all of the same reasons as you listed to not have another baby. Our next youngest was five and a half when we had our baby. We don't regret it for one second. It is very different starting over, though. There are a lot of things we forgot about. I think he has a calmer, less easily ruffled mommy than the others had. If you have felt this way for years I would guess that probably will not fade and you'll regret not having another baby. I say go for it!