Menu

Goodwill Vent!

I bet I know which Goodwill you went to. I saw some Longaberger baskets there once (not in great shape either). The smallest one which also happened to be in the worst shape was $25. The others were much higher in price. I only go in there for clothes anymore and only on Monday when clothes are half price. It upsets me most that this is in a basically rural community where people shop thrift stores because they can't afford to buy new. There is another thrift store in that town that has much better prices across the board.

YES! it was *that* good will! i was completely floored! you would have thought the books were out of print or had gold leaf pages with their asking price. they weren't even in good shape. and even if the clothes there are half off on monday, it is still kind of expensive imo! the shorts there were seven dollars!! (or maybe i am much cheaper than i realize, lol).

we need a day trip to the beach i think:D ...for some better thrift store shopping!

This is why I don't understand why my elderly relatives love the Goodwill. You can get new stuff for cheaper on clearance.

Our local Goodwill is very cheap. I found a desk for my oldest there for $16. Bikes are under $25. Books are .99 for paperback, $1.59 for hardcover. Toys are $1-4 (sometimes less than $1), depending on the toy. Backpacks are $5 and under. I haven't looked closely at the clothing, so I don't know what it costs. Maybe your relatives like Goodwill because theirs has better prices than yours?

a worker at our goodwill said they buy some from Target so that is why there is so much target stuff. Ours never lifts the price tho, it's usually pretty reduced. I got a $35 Buzz LIghtyear for $8.

Interesting, a worker told my friend the items were donated by Target as some sort of write off for them:001_huh:

I almost bought some curtains on clearance at target for $8, but I still thought that was too much. I saw the exact same ones at our local GW for $16!

Interesting, a worker told my friend the items were donated by Target as some sort of write off for them:001_huh:

I almost bought some curtains on clearance at target for $8, but I still thought that was too much. I saw the exact same ones at our local GW for $16!

The salvation army by my mom's said that they buy palettes of clearance from Target for a big discount, but that they do buy it, it's not a donation. I don't know if it's like this everywhere.

We are out of the country and I'm seriously missing my thrift store fix! We have one near us that is fantastic (it's a local chain) and I always find stuff. Monday is half price day and I buy books for $.25 (I got a giant stack of Boxcar Children there, tons of American Girl books, Magic Tree House, etc). We have a salvation army that's okay. I have found a few really really great deals, but more often than not, walk out with nothing. The goodwill near my mom's is hit or miss, but still worth checking. Although like others have said, their pricing is sometimes crazy and pretty inconsistent compared to the thrift store I frequent.

YES! it was *that* good will! i was completely floored! you would have thought the books were out of print or had gold leaf pages with their asking price. they weren't even in good shape. and even if the clothes there are half off on monday, it is still kind of expensive imo! the shorts there were seven dollars!! (or maybe i am much cheaper than i realize, lol).

I'm right there with you on being cheap.

we need a day trip to the beach i think:D ...for some better thrift store shopping!

That sounds good! Maybe one day next month....:)