Menu

Enzymes for Gluten - experience, recs, advice

My aspie son has language delays. I've read that a GFCF diet could help him. I also read that some enzymes could help (Glutenease, Glutenflam, AFP something.) Dh would like us to try ds on enzymes before we go GFCF to see if it makes any difference.

Has anyone ever used these? If so, could you tell me about them? Also, have you ever tried it instead of a GFCF diet?

My aspie son has language delays. I've read that a GFCF diet could help him. I also read that some enzymes could help (Glutenease, Glutenflam, AFP something.) Dh would like us to try ds on enzymes before we go GFCF to see if it makes any difference.

Has anyone ever used these? If so, could you tell me about them? Also, have you ever tried it instead of a GFCF diet?

We follow a GFDF diet to alleviate gastrointestinal issues and every once in awhile we'll know that we've been exposed to gluten (usually when eating out). When that happens, we take glutenease and magnesium citrate. The first time we tried it, we were to excited about having no side effects from gluten that we commented to the pharmacist about how great it was. She reminded us that the enzymes help with the symptoms but that gluten can still be damaging the gut, so we just use them in emergencies.

In my experience, eating a GFDF diet is easier than taking a supplement multiple times every day.

Hope that helps!

Kelli