Menu

Apologia General Science Co-op

bethben

I kind of do one. It's not "co" though -- just me.

It's my kids, their cousins, and a few friends.

We only meet every 2 weeks, or once per module.

I have a 2 hour class, and occasionally I ask the parents for 2½ hours if, as I am studying and prepping, I see that the experiments might take longer.

I do the class before they begin the module, so that I can do an overview of the module. I had already done Physical and Biology w/ my older daughter, and this has proven to work best for us. I get to explain any difficult concepts ahead of time. There's not many in GS, imo, but some of the kids haven't had much background in certain areas, and I have 2 mildly LD kids.

I'm not sure how I plan to do Physical next year for my other kids - whether I'll do one or two days, but either way, I will cover upcoming material rather than doing experiments after they have read about them.

I scheduled out the year, and gave them a calendar w/ the class dates, but I plan the actual lesson plans as I go, and at each class, I hand them the schedule for the next 2 weeks. (I don't always know until I get into it what pages or home experiments might need more time, etc, and divide it out accordingly.)

I plan 1 day for class, 1 day for test, 2 days for study guide, and that leaves 6 days to do the module.

Videos are posted here:

http://homeschoolersresources.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps. =)