Menu

Did I get the right Usborne Encyclopedia?

lillehei

I bought the recommended encyclopedias in SOTW AG but I am afraid I might have gotten one wrong. I have The Usborne Encyclopedia of World History with Internet Links (it is red and has a knight on the front) that was published in 2011. I also see now that there is Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History published in 2001.

I did a random pick of pages from the AG and looked them up in the encyclopedia I own and they seem to match. Is my encyclopedia going to be ok for all four volumes of SOTW AG or do I need to get the other one to mae sure my readings match the AG?

TIA!

I don't have both (I just have the older one), but if the pages are lining up in this AG, I would assume they line up in the other AGs. Kingfisher also has a couple of different editions of their history encyclopedia and the pages are the same. I think they just add a few pages on to the end to ensure that they are keeping everything up to date.

Can you borrow the older edition from the library for comparison?

The correct book is the Usborne Book of World History (not the Encyclopedia of World History). They have so many it gets very confusing. I have one that does line up. I couldn't find the exact cover on amazon.com but this one seems like it it the same one I have with a different cover. You should still be able to use the one you bought. You'll just have to find the matching pages.

The correct book is the Usborne Book of World History (not the Encyclopedia of World History). They have so many it gets very confusing. I have one that does line up. I couldn't find the exact cover on amazon.com but this one seems like it it the same one I have with a different cover. You should still be able to use the one you bought. You'll just have to find the matching pages.

The SOTW AG also has pages for Usborne Inernet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History, the one with the knight on the front. The abbreviation in the AG is UILE. I have used it (the one with the knight) for SOTW 1 and 2 and so far the pages have all been correct.

I have just recently started looking at the actual internet links and they are GREAT! I don't know why I didn't use them before.:confused:

ETA - to the OP, yes, you bought the right book.

Edited by kitten18