Menu

Two HOD guides?

We have decided on using Bigger for next year for my two will be 9 & 7 yr olds. However, I am wondering if this would be too much for the 7yr old even though she places well in either bigger ors beyond.

How long does it take to do two guides? Do you include everything in both? How do you manage it? If anyone using Beyond an Bigger has a daily schedule that would be great.

Thanks!

Micah

I have a ds8 and dd6 using Bigger this year (she was 5 when we started) and she was able to do most of the work. I had to help her with some of the notebooking since it was too much as times for her, but that was about the only thing I tweaked. I wasn't up for doing two guides since I have a ds3 and ds1:) I think for a 7 yr old she would be just fine doing Bigger (and we liked it better than Beyond too- especially the science!).

That helps

I have a ds8 and dd6 using Bigger this year (she was 5 when we started) and she was able to do most of the work. I had to help her with some of the notebooking since it was too much as times for her, but that was about the only thing I tweaked. I wasn't up for doing two guides since I have a ds3 and ds1:) I think for a 7 yr old she would be just fine doing Bigger (and we liked it better than Beyond too- especially the science!).

Thanks! That helps. What will you do when the older moves on t preparing?

Next year we are planning on trying MFW. I just didn't think that I was up for teaching two guides- I don't know how other people do it! And it was either that or go back to one of the guides with the extension packages, but that would mean my ds would have 5 or 6 years in a row of American history. Hopefully we will do well with MFW:)

Next year we are planning on trying MFW. I just didn't think that I was up for teaching two guides- I don't know how other people do it! And it was either that or go back to one of the guides with the extension packages, but that would mean my ds would have 5 or 6 years in a row of American history. Hopefully we will do well with MFW:)

We love MFW! We've done 1st, adventures and now ECC. I have to admit though that ECC wasn't what I was expecting and took some getting used to. We've finally figured out how to make it work for us though after 13 weeks in, and are really enjoying it now. Will you be using ECC? If so please don't disregard the book list in the TM and don't be afraid to drop things that are too old for your kiddos. I think those were my main problems at first. Coming from the lower levels that were written for my kids ages and going to a multi-age year was an adjustment for me. Hope you enjoy MFW as much as we have. We may end up back there as well :)

Yes, we are doing ECC next year! Thanks for the suggestions since we seem to have children very similar in age (I have ds8, dd6, ds3, and ds1)! If you do decide to go with HOD next year, I do have to say that Bigger was our favorite year with it, so you should enjoy it:) We would have gladly stayed with HOD if I could have figured out how to put my children in the same guide, but I guess for now we will try MFW! Best of luck with deciding on curriculum- it seems that both HOD and MFW are great choices:)